What Is A Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a skin treatment which is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the facial skin. A chemical solution is used to remove top layers of skin which allows the dead surface skin to peel off. The peeling process leads to new skin growth which is usually smoother, healthier and less wrinkled compared to the old skin. Chemical peels should be performed by aesthetic professionals such as aesthetic doctors, nurses , beauty therapists and medical aestheticians.
Which Peel is Right For Me?
Alta Dermatology offers 6 various peels (customizable to your skin needs)from Skinceuticals and PCA Skin:
* MicroPeel (AHA – Glycolic Acid 20% – pH 1.6 or 30% pH 1.4 * MicroPeel Plus (BHA – Salicylic Acid 20% no pH or 30% no pH + Glycolic Acid 3%) * The Pigment Balancing Peel (Glycolic Acid 40% + Citric Acid 10% + 27% pure Vitamin C + 4% Emblica pH 1.6)*Advanced Corrective Peel(14% Salicylic acid+14% Lactic acid+10% Phenylethyl Resorcinol)
From PCA Skin:
* PCA Peel with Hyroquinone & Resorcinol(2% Hydroquinone, 14% Lactic acid, 14% Salicylic acid,3% Kojic acid, citric acid) * PCA 4% Pure Retinol Peel(4% Retinol)
They are categorized by the strength of the acid solution used in the peel and how deeply they penetrate the skin and what condition we are treating for what you may be best suited for. We will discuss this in our consultation with you.
A Chemical Peel can:
- Improve skin texture and radiance
- Help maintain firm skin
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Even-out skin tone
- Help acne-prone skin
- Revitalize sensitive skin while decongesting pores
What is the time frame for a corrective program?
• Patients should return every 4-6 weeks depending on the peel for optimal results.
• 4-6 clinical procedures are required to obtain desired and realistic results.
• Once desired results are achieved, clinical maintenance is recommended every 1-2 months with acid-free clinical procedures or treatments.
• To obtain optimal results, a patient must be on an integrated skincare program that includes a customized home care program, clinical procedures, and professional treatments.